There are a number of reasons why you might be interested in owning a black light UV flashlight. As a matter of fact, even if you purchased it for a rather common reason there are some uncommon tasks they can be taken care of by using one of these flashlights. Here are some of the most common reasons why people would use a black light flashlight, and why it might be something that is handy to keep around for yourself. As a matter of fact, you might just find that when you don’t have a black light UV flashlight, you will find yourself missing it once you know what it is capable of doing.
Why Buy A Black Light UV Flashlight?
Believe it or not, one of the most common reasons why you would use portable UV lights are so that you can spot scorpions. Scorpions have unique properties that would make them glow whenever they were spotted in the beam of one of these flashlights. If you live in an area of the world were scorpions are regularly seen, using one of these flashlights can help you to feel more comfortable as you’re walking through the house in your bare feet. After all, none of us would want to step on a scorpion if it was at all preventable.
Different Reasons For Using A Black Light UV Flashlight
- Other reason why you may use a black light UV flashlight is in order to detect counterfeit money.
- Some people use them to look for body fluids, such as urine whenever they are checking into a hotel or renting a new property.
- It is also an easy way for you to be able to charge glow in the dark materials.
- Finally, you may find these of use for validating credit cards or to check an ID; depending on where the ID originated from and to make sure that it is valid.
- Having a UV flashlight around for these purposes is a good idea, especially if you find yourself doing these things regularly.
As far as the different options that are available whenever you are looking for one of these items, some of the more popular options are going to be that they come in a mini variety, which can easily be put into your pocket so that you can use them at your convenience. You might also want to keep a fresh supply of UV bulbs on hand, particularly if you depend on this item on a regular basis. Finally, you may want to use one of these items as a UV LED light, so that it will stick out on the panel.
Whenever I first got involved in the sanitation business, one of the first things that I requested that we get, were upgraded portable UV lights. Since I was working the units at the time, I wanted to make sure that the portable sanitation UV lights utilized were going to be able to take care of the tasks that we were working on. The reason why this is the case, is because we were working in an area that was commonly overtaken by rodents and it was necessary to make sure that the units were powerful enough to identify their tracking. Here are some of the things that we learned about portable UV lights in the process.
Information On Portable UV Lights
One of the first things that we learned is the fact that many of the forensic portable UV lights that are in existence are not really going to be strong enough in order to take care of the job that we needed them to do. Not only did we need portable UV lights in order to identify the tracks that were left by the rodents in the form of feces and urine, we also needed an industrial model which would be able to take care of the project.
The unfortunate thing about this is, most of the areas in our units were not equipped with electrical outlets, so we needed to use a battery operated unit in order to take care of the project, like a black light UV flashlight. The portable sanitation and UV lights utilized required a minimum of a 12 V lamp in order for them to be effective. There are a few products that are available on the market which can take care of this, but they are going to be difficult to find under most circumstances.
- Of course, not all of us are going to need something this powerful, but there are going to be plenty of applications which will require something with a little bit more strength. A good example of this is if we are trying to clean an area by using the shortwave UV light.
- These are capable of destroying DNA, and are excellent for cleaning up the area, such as a crime scene or perhaps even a room where a lot of bodily fluids exist. By using the UV light, you help to break things down on the molecular level and to clean things that the normal cleaners would have left behind.
- Even though not everybody is going to need the powerful portable sanitation UV lights needed, there may be times whenever these portable UV lights are going to need to be at least powerful enough to pick up on a urine trace, or perhaps to clean areas more thoroughly.
- This is especially true where bodily fluids are an issue. By using one of these industrial models, you are not only able to take care of these jobs more efficiently but you can often do so in a way that will keep you from having to upgrade to additional units in order to take care of multiple jobs.
It is probably a surprise to you that there are so many different uses for the common black light UV flashlight. Regardless of whether you’re looking for a small variety to keep on hand or if you want a larger black light flashlight so that you can use it for multiple purposes, there is going to be those that are available on the market. The Internet is the easiest place to find these, so make sure that you look for the options that you want when doing so.