Not all of us have the ability to put our own car lift in, so we may need to go with one of the car lift plans for a homemade car lift that are available in order to save a little bit of money. Unfortunately, there are a number of difficulties that may go along with this and it can really cause some issues with safety, along with potentially harming your vehicle. For example, some of the 4 post car lift plans are nothing short of a disaster waiting to happen, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you are without any choice, whatsoever. As a matter of fact, there are some simplistic car lift plans that can really help you in this case.
Features Of Car Lift Plans
One of the most important things for you to consider whenever building one of these lifts is going to be safety. This is not only true whenever it comes to your own personal safety but it is also true for the security of your automobile as well. For example, there are a number of different ways that you can manufacture something that will safely get your automobile off the ground, but this will not be something that you can use for permanent storage. At other times, you may try getting a little bit creative and perhaps hoist the car from above or even dig a pit underneath.
Things That You Should Remember When Looking At Car Lift Plans
- Parking your auto on one of these homemade lifts can be a little bit hazardous, and you would certainly never want to build something that is going to have the automobile above your head. Even some of the 4 post-car lift plans that you can find on the Internet are not necessarily going to be something that you would want to build. Are they able to get an automobile up in the air? Yes, they can do so rather easily but the problem is they don’t have many of the safety features built in that you would have from a regular auto lift. As a matter of fact, there are not any homemade car storage lifts that I would trust.
- Another thing for you to consider is that it is not always going to be possible for you to build something that will be permanent. Many of us work in a garage that we rent, or perhaps we rent the home in which we live. Permanently attaching a lift into one of these areas can be costly, especially whenever it comes time to remove it. You may want to consider getting a mid rise car lift that will allow you to do some basic chores while still remaining mobile and being able to be tucked out of the way.
- Perhaps one of the best car lift plansthat I have seen on the Internet was a simple ramp that allowed you to park the car, and to rock the ramp in order to get to the front or the back. This wasn’t as extravagant as some of the 4 post car lift plans that I saw but it was something that most of us can implement. As long as you have wheel chocks in place and use some kind of a hoist above it, it can be a perfectly safe alternative.
If you own a small garage, or if you are just a backyard do-it-yourselfer, you might be interested in some of the mid rise car lifts that are currently on the market. These are an excellent way for you to be able to get to an automobile to do many of the common tasks that may be a little bit more difficult whenever the car is on the ground. These mid rise auto lifts are not only excellent for use in your personal garage, they are also an excellent time and money saver in a commercial setting. Here are some of the benefits of using mid rise car lifts, regardless of why you need to do so.
Benefits Of Mid Rise Car Lifts
One of the main reasons why you would want to choose one of these items is because it is portable. Not all of us have the availability of a permanently installed rotary car lift in our garage, but having something that we can easily roll in and out of the area is going to be ideal. In a commercial setting, this can help to keep your men productive by giving them the room that they need when necessary, but the lift that they need whenever it is also necessary. At home, you can use one of these portable items and even roll it out into the driveway to work on your car during a sunny day.
Save Money With These Lifts
- Mid rise auto lifts are also an excellent choice because they can save you money. Most of us pay our workers by the hour, but we may charge according to the job. If the mechanic is able to get to the work easier, you’re going to make more of a profit margin as a result.
- Another way that they may be able to save you money, is because these small hydro lifts can also stop a lot of back injuries that may occur from your technicians leaning over and working at an unusual angle. By bringing the work up to them, you reduce work claim injuries drastically.
Of course, regardless of whether you are using it as a home car lift or if you’re using it in a commercial setting, it is important for you to make sure that safety is always taken into consideration. Most of these have locking mechanisms, and that can make it easy for you to get under the automobile. Always make sure, however, that the car is secure before placing any part of your body underneath it.
Before purchasing one of these mid rise car lifts, always make sure to check with the manufacturer’s specifications, for example an ALM car lift, so that you know you’re getting one which is ideal for your own personal use. If you are purchasing mid rise auto lifts for a commercial garage, overestimate the amount of weight that is going to be on the lift by at least 30% before making your purchase. This can help to ensure that you’re not overloading the lift, causing damage to it and potentially, serious bodily injury.